Did you miss us?!
You've probably been wondering what we've really been doing on our time away from the blog... so I'll give you the 411.
1. Welcoming great products to the Doll Distributing Family!
- We've very recently welcomed a couple of new Brands into our warehouse. First, PRESS Premium Alcohol Seltzer, a low calorie, low carb and sugar beverage that you're sure to enjoy! PRESS' lineup boasts a yummy Blackberry Hibiscus, Pomegranate Ginger, Lime Lemongrass, and a Grapefruit Cardamom seltzer that is sure to have you asking for more! We are also excited to call Fair State Brewery a partner! This Minneapolis Brewery took the leap into Iowa and we are thrilled! Between their Pils, Vienna Lager, and IPA, the lowest rated product is 96 on RateBeer. Now that's impressive! They have some fun with their offerings and I have to tell ya, the Extreme Leisure (Fruited Beliner Weiss), is delicious!
2. Making and eating lots of beer bread... duh!
- Over thanksgiving, a family member, brought some beer bread to make and of course we had to make it with Goose Island's 312! If you haven't made beer bread with 312, you're missing out! It adds just the right amount spice and fruit! Some other beers to try in your beer bread include, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, Breckenridge Vanilla Porter. Ready, set, eat!
3. Getting ready for this weekend's, Celebrate Iowa Gala!
- Friday evening will be spent at the State Historical Building celebrating our great state and all it has to offer! This years theme focuses on the "Soundtrack of Iowa" with homegrown musicians and Iowa's greatest hits, past and present. Live music from Awful Purdies and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels will sooth our ears while we feast on delicious food including a Mac and Cheese Bar, Beef Tenderloin, BBQ sliders, Bundtinis, Ice Cream, late night pizzas, and much much more! Don't forget to try some limited release brews provided by Court Ave and Exile! If you're planning on attending, make sure you get a photo taken at the "Step into History" photo booth and have your portrait hand-drawn by a local artist! Man oh man, I'm pretty excited!
- Bar line up includes great brands like Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, Stella Artois, Truly Spiked Seltzer, Budweiser Copper Lager, Modelo Especial, and some craft beers like Court Ave's Bourbon-soaked Fruitcake Ale and Pointer Brown and Exile's Lord Falcon and Pomegranate Bohemian!
4. Enjoying delicious beer!
- The winter season brings us lots of new beer to help keep us warm during the chilly nights! We suggest trying Breckenridge's Nitro Chocolate Orange Stout, August Schell Snowstorm, Millstream's Schokolade Bock, Summit Winter Ale, or go big with West O 10x10 Double IPA!
Until next time, stay warm and safe!