Celebrating America the right way!
It's that time of year again! The time of year where fireworks light the night sky, everyone is dressed in red, white, and blue, and you can't go 10 minuets without hearing someone scream "AMERICA!" Oh yes, it's the 4th of July!
Whether you'll be celebrating on a lake, in some campgrounds, in your back yard, or traveling to your favorite destination, there's one thing that's certain..... Celebrating with a beer in hand is the way to go. Heck! Might as well check out one of these awesome events while you're at it!
Celebrating this weekend? Easy peezy! Tonight is jam packed full of fun things to do....
- stop at the Keg Stand for Schlagen Hour! Nothing better on a Friday, then smacking some nails into a tree stump … am I right? They'll also be featuring $2 Summit Drafts starting at 5 pm!
- Rendezvous on the Riverview is also happening in Corning tonight, beginning at 5:30 pm. It's a great family event, so pack up the station wagon and head on down!
- Music on the Plaza- starting at 6, you can enjoy live music and cold drinks in Altoona!
- Sounds on the Square- head on out to Polk City at 6 for a free summer concert on the square! Cheers!
Waiting to celebrate a little closer to the 4th? Make sure to mark these on your calendar!
- 4th of July Carnival in Slater boasts a parade, carnival, great food, and ice cold beer! Make your way out there on the 3rd from 2-10 or on Wednesday starting at 11am.
- Prairie Meadows Racetrack is hosting Fireworks and Live racing, July 3rd beginning at 4pm. Don't miss out on all the action!
The weekend after the 4th is booming with events, too!
- Friday after Five is back in Oskaloosa! Grab your buddies and get to networking at this relaxed social event!
- Head back to Keg Stand for some more Schlagen Hour at 5!
- Rendezvous on the Riverview is coming back atcha beginning at 5:30!
- Zoo Brew this week is moving to FRIDAY! What better way to celebrate American than with some beer and wild animals!? Gates open at 5:30!
- First Friday Concert Series will be taking place at the North Shelter at Winterset City Park beginning at 6! This event is for lovers of music, fresh air, summer, and FUN!
Don't forget most importantly Tow To Go will be available on the 4th! Give a damn about whose taking you home!