Beer Talk - Round fifteen- Memorial Day Weekend
It’s the week of Memorial Day… and you know what that means right?! IT’S THE OFFICIAL START OF SUMMER!!!!!
Due to the fact this winter lasted about 15 years, I know you are all thrilled and biting at the bit to start grilling, swimming, and sipping on some ice cold and thirst quenching beer! I’m here to help you compile a list of all you’ll need for this Memorial Day weekend, however you’re celebrating it!
First off, just like any great event, you’ll need your day ones, whether they are your family, friends, or fur-mates, they all count, bring them all! Second you’ll need food. Now, you can’t go wrong with the traditional brats, hotdogs, and hamburgers, but you can always step your game up and bring out the steaks… basically whatever makes you happy. Third, you’ll need a location to chill. Now, I know camping is a big thing and that’s great, but what if you don’t have a camper?! You’re back deck, living room, or a park will do the trick! (Or if you don’t want to deal with the hassle of getting food and preparing it, your favorite restaurant or pub is the perfect answer!)
Finally, you’re going to need that nectar of the god’s, your favorite beer! After all, our very own Benjamin Franklin stated “Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!” and you can’t argue with Plato when he said, “He is a wise man who invented beer!” So here’s a list of new brews for this weekend!
- Budweiser Freedom Reserve- This whole weekend is about celebrating the brave men and women who are serving/have served our great country, and what better way to do that then with this new brew from Anheuser-Busch. Freedom Reserve is brewed by Budweiser’s very own Veterans and a portion of the sales will be donated to Folds of Honor- a nonprofit organization providing educational scholarships to military families. To date, Anheuser Busch has raised 14 million dollars to support this wonderful cause and our Veterans. We owe a great deal to all of our active and past military members and their families. Thank you for all you’ve done to ensure we are free. Cheers! This Bud’s for you!
- Grain Belt Blu- If you’re looking for something Blue to sport, reach for this 12 pack of deliciousness! Grain Belt decided to put a little spin on their classic beer, by adding loads of real blueberries to the mix. The “Friendly Beer” has never tasted so good! It’s the perfect balance of sweet and refreshing and let me tell you… You will not regret picking up 12 of these beautifully blue cans!
- West O Lemon Shandy- what screams “Welcome to summer!” more than a shandy? Honestly, we don’t know! I had the pleasure of trying this perfectly light and not too sweet drink this weekend at the Iowa TapRoom in Des Moines East Village, and let me tell you… you won’t want to put it down! It’s a big smack of sunshine and you’ll love every sip of it! Not to mention, it's brewed right here in the great state of Iowa!
- Bud Light Orange- This new product is on fire and flying off the shelves! If you haven't already, we highly suggest trying this citrusy brew made with real orange peels. Clocking in at 4.2% ABV, you're sure to enjoy down to the last drop!
- Samuel Adam's American Summer Variety Pack- this very limited pack boasts not only some classics but some brand new brews that you won't want to miss out on. With a full line up of Boston Lager, Summer Ale, Raspberry Lemon Gose, Golden Ale, Hefe-Weizen, and Pale Ale, you're sure to to be the life of the party when you show up at your Memorial Day get together with this winner!
- CiderBoys La Vida Sangria- Want something fun with out all the hassle?! Try La Vida Sangria for an apple sangria that boasts flavors of peach, lime, orange, cherry, pineapple, and grapes! It's sure to send your taste buds on a rollercoaster of delight!
Now that your brain is filled with some great ideas; it’s time to tune into your Spotify and blast a little Toby Keith: Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue…. AND….. Don’t forget to thank a Veteran or an Active Service member this weekend, we wouldn’t be where we are today without them and their sacrifices.