Tom Hanafan River's Edge Park
Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge, Council Bluffs, IA 51501
Aug 9, 2018 - Aug 12, 2018
11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Enjoy BBQ, music, games and rides are the ingredients for a fun event for the whole family at Riverfront Ribfest from August 9 - 12 at Tom Hanafan River’s Edge Park in Council Bluffs.
Back for its second year, the festival features six national award-winning BBQ teams, bringing their mouthwatering rib recipes to Iowa and Nebraska. These rib teams include:
- Aussom Aussie BBQ – from Pennsylvania and Australia
- Blazin’ Bronco – from Florida
- Desperado’s BBQ & Rib Co. – from Ohio
- Cowboys BBQ – from Texas
- Johnson’s BBQ – from Virginia
- Just North of Memphis – from Minnesota
In addition to the delicious ribs, all of your favorite carnival food-inspired sides will be available for purchase from Caroline’s Catering. Beverages will also be available to purchase, thanks to our sponsor Bud Light.
It’s a little bit country, a little bit ‘90s rock and roll and more! Come early as the music begins at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The live entertainment over the four days includes something for everyone:
- Thursday, August 9: Uncle Kracker
- Friday, August 10: Travis Tritt with special guests Tyler Reese Tritt, Faren Rachels and Sack of Lions
- Saturday, August 11: Spin Doctors, Bowling for Soup and Tonic
- Sunday, August 12: Latino Appreciation Day featuring the El Patron 2nd Birthday Celebrationincluding four Hispanic bands, a church service and horse show event.
Additional information about the bands and photos are available upon request.
Daily general admission is $5 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and $10 after 3 p.m., which includes admission and that night’s concert. Kids general admission is just $5 all weekend, day or evening (16 and under). Admission is free for children five and under.
The first 5,000 tickets will be sold at half price, which means a 3-day Rib-Hopper pass (normally $30) will be just $15 and will include Thursday, Friday and Saturday night concerts.
Admission includes the live entertainment as well as free carnival rides! Riverfront Ribfest hours are 11 a.m. - 11 p.m. Thursday, Friday Saturday and 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. on Sunday, rain or shine. Advance tickets to Riverfront Ribfest on sale NOW at riverfrontribfest.com.
The fun doesn’t stop at delicious ribs, great music and fun carnival rides. Riverfront Ribfest is proud to present the Serve-it-Up Grass Volleyball Tournament. Each day will have a fresh set of tournaments with multiple divisions. Registration for the volleyball tournament is $20 per person – register at riverfrontribfest.com. The volleyball registration fee includes free entrance to Riverfront Ribfest, including all concerts and carnival rides.